Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bullrun 2006: Day 5, Utah Speeding Ticket

...get a ticket.

Given that I had to throttle things WAY back, the helicopter finally caught up to us. Of course, being on filmed by a choppper on the highway is a LOT of fun, so we decided to showboat a little for the camera. Some slip-streaming, some fast accelleration, some attetion from an officer in Grand County, Utah.

He wrote me up for 84 in a 75, which is was very generous on his part.

The best part is that we got the whole thing on tape from the chopper. He was in traffic in the on-coming lane, saw me speed down a hill, crossed the median and chased me down the freeway a bit. Thankfully, he was a good sport and will most definately make the Bullrun show in the UK.

I'll have to send him a copy of the tape.

It was clear sailing the rest of the way in to Las Vegas.

No comments: